This update is released by the South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT) each week to report the agency’s current financial picture and changes within the agency that are evolving during the reorganization underway to improve the processes and efficiency of the agency.
1) The Comptroller General’s office processed approximately $27 million in payments for SCDOT vendors, contractors and others between January 20 and January 26, 2012.
2) All debt service and South Carolina Transportation Infrastructure Bank (SCTIB) Board payments are current.
3) SCDOT received approximately $27 million in federally aid eligible project reimbursements during the week ending January 27, 2012. Accordingly, the Vendor/Contractor Information section on the web page has been updated to reflect the construction file and estimate numbers that have been selected for payment and the payment process has been initiated.
4) Through internal process revisions, SCDOT has made significant progress in processing of contractor and vendor payments during the month of January. Today, SCDOT has no unpaid, validated contractor of consultant invoices over 30 business days old.
5) Vendors and contractors are encouraged to utilize the SCDOT Accounting Hotline at 803-737-1227 to check on the status of payments.