This update is released by the South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT) each week to report the agency’s current financial picture and changes within the agency that are evolving during the reorganization underway to improve the processes and efficiency of the agency.
1) SCDOT processed approximately $15 million in vendor and contractor payments during the week of December 19. The Vendor/Contractor Information section on the web page has been updated to reflect the construction file and estimate numbers planned for processing during the week of December 19-22.
2) SCDOT is anticipating receiving approximately $60 million in state motor fuel revenues and federally aid eligible project reimbursements during the first two weeks of January 2012. Additional vendor/contractor payments will be processed upon receipt of these funds.
3) SCDOT’s Accounting Office has approximately $20.8 million in validated invoices logged into SCEIS that are aged more than 30 business days. Approximately $1 million of these are aged greater than 45 business days.
4) Vendors and contractors are encouraged to utilize the SCDOT Accounting Hotline at 803-737-1227 to check on the status of payments.
5) Secretary St. Onge is pleased to announce that Mr. Jim Warren has been selected to serve as the Chief Financial Officer for the agency. Mr. Warren is from the private sector after having served long-term roles as a CFO in both small and large organizations. Mr. Warren has 30 years of applicable experience in financial management, accounting and process improvement.
6) To benefit motorists who had been using a 12-mile detour around a closed bridge in Darlington County, SCDOT maintenance forces built a temporary bridge which opened to traffic on Dec. 20. The bridge on BelleVue Drive in Society Hill is one of three temporary bridges SCDOT has procured in order to provide relief to motorists and emergency vehicles dealing with extensive detours. Another temporary bridge is in place on Teal’s Mill Road in Chesterfield County. A third temporary bridge is planned to be installed in North Myrtle Beach in 2012.
7) A weekly update will not be issued during the week of December 26 due to holiday-shortened work week. The weekly update will resume during the week of January 2.